Victory Peace of Mind Parts Warranty
What we'll do for you under our 'Peace of Mind Parts' Warranty
If you're the original purchaser of a window covering and a significant structural or cosmetic defect appears in your Victory product within five years of purchase we'll replace the defective part at our cost:
- Including labour charges in the first year
- After first year, you can choose to pay a labour charge, and we'll come to you, or deliver the goods to your nearest branch for repair with no labour charge. But exceptions and conditions apply, and we'll explain them below.
How to make a claim:
- Important: You must register your warranty using our online form below. Claims can't be processed before registration (Registration not required for Consumer Guarantees Claims)
- Check that the problem has appeared within five years of purchase
- Have your proof of purchase ready in case it's needed
- Call us on 13 13 99 to see if we can offer on-site service in your area. If not, make arrangements to deliver the product to our nearest showroom.
- Notify us of your claim:
- Call on 13 13 99 for direct connection to your nearest branch or
- Write to Victory Curtains and Blinds, Service Department, 245 Browns Road, Noble Park VIC 3174, or
- Fax 03 8793 5799, or
- Email email@example.com including a reasonable description of the problem.
We will assess and process your claim.
If any costs are payable by you, processing may not proceed until they have been paid.
Head Office Victory Curtains and Blinds 245 Browns Road Noble Park VIC 3174 Ph: 03 8793 5700 Fax: 03 8793 5799
What's not covered:
- Claims by anyone but the original purchaser of the product
- Claims on products that were not paid for as per invoice
- Wear and tear consistent with the age, type and use of the product
- Products that have not been installed by a Victory qualified technician, or have been removed and re-installed
- Products exceeding our recommended dimensions
- Costs of any hired equipment for installations over 2 metres are not covered by warranty e.g. lifts, scaffolding, extension ladders etc
- Costs of transporting product back to/from our premises (if required)
- Damage from misuse, neglect, accident, unintended use, fire, explosions, implosion and or any act of nature
- Damage from non-compliance with our characteristics Hints & Tips sheet or Product Information Sheet.
- Damage from salt spray or marine influences, severe industrial or corrosive environments
- Normal shrinkage, fungal or algae growth due to a build-up of dirt, grime, leaves or bird matter, damage due to scrubbing or the use of a non-prescribed cleaning agent and contact with lead, copper or water runoff from same
- Damage caused by rolling up blinds and awnings when wet
- Rail-roaded or oversized blinds, as in normal circumstances they may not hang flat, may pucker along the bottom rail or a 'V formation' may occur, and a horizontal join may also be visible at the top section of the blind
But remember, these exclusions don't apply to any Consumer Guarantees Claim you may be entitled to make, and if a component manufacturer offers its own warranty, you may have additional rights under that.
Wear and Tear Items:
Some components including cords, chains, cord locks, tilters and zips suffer wear and tear in the normal course of operation or through excessive use. Such items carry a one year warranty only.
Motor Warranty periods for motorised products vary with most being 5 years or more. However, a small number are for a lesser period of 2 years. Victory Blinds will pass on the manufacturers specific warranty related to the relevant motor supplied for each product.